Harry Chapin Sings "Bananas" in 1977

"The Garage Door Economist"

friday, november 19th, 2010

barack Obama continues to insist on raising taxes for those vile rich people–those who earn $250,000 or more. Like the guy who fixes garage doors. I asked the garage door man what $250K means to him. His response was quick: “It’s my overhead.”

A quarter million means the garage door man can meet his outrageous (this is SoCal) overhead. His basics: fees, insurance, taxes, marketing, vehicles, supplies and equipment. That’s it.

How many employees does he get for $250K? None.

All of that vast wealth nets him the ability to keep his doors open. Not enough left over to hire a single employee.

Seventy percent of all jobs in America come from businesses like the garage door man’s. Liberals believe the salvation of the country can only be found in slamming the garage door man with more taxes. As opposed to, say, cutting back some of their outrageous and indefensible spending.

© Joy Tiz | Published: November 15, 2010.

PS - To present scenarios that indicate that more people than we think are susceptible to the tax increase on the "rich" is not the way to win this argument. Private sector employees are beginning to instinctively sense that hammering their employer with more and more taxes and regulations — be it an individual or a corporation-with tax policy — is counter-productive to positive economic growth. We need to get across the fact that the "rich", when they save, when they invest, and when they earn profits, provide the capital formation — the oil for the engine, if you will — by taking risks which result in increased employment. Making the Nation's employers and investors the declared enemy of tax and regulatory policy HARMS CURRENT AND FUTURE EMPLOYMENT, not to mention upward mobility. Whether we like it or not. This is the argument we should pursue. If we can get this fact across to the masses, then we win the argument, and set the stage for possibly even eliminating "progressive taxation", altogether. The argument in a nutshell: if you are poor, then the best way for you to move out of poverty will occur when the economy isn't being held back by punishing those who have the ability to help you; the profit motive guarantees that. Over-taxing those above you financially is envy run amok, and in the end harms you and everyone else. Just what has America become?

Around The Garden Center

Friday morning was 23°F and very cold, going into work, with a heavy, killing frost everywhere. Although I have heated seats in my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, I park it inside the heated garage every night, to preserve the silver paint finish and keep it warm for me to start-off with, expecially in these cold Fall and snowy, bitter-cold Winter months. I was in early this morning, as Becky & Dad were coming in, and I had a number of things to go over with Alan, my LSCP Foreman, before the day got started. I finished the week's billing for landscape jobs and tree installations, and went to Saubel's w/ Arthur in nearby Stewartstown to get 9 30lb "starter" bags of birdseed for my feathered friends, for the Winter. The tree color is pretty unimpressive this year — primarily due to the 13-week drought we went through this Summer — so there isn't much of a "show" in the mountains, this year either.

On Friday, I hired a local PSU Grad with a BS in Hortitculture, on a part-time basis for next Spring, providing she gets her Certified Horticlturalist Certificate over the Winter. I hooked-her up with Dr Bob Farrell, at the PSU-York Campus in Horticulture, to get started on that certification test. She'll work 3 days a week and weekends in April-June, cut back to 3 days in June-July, and back to 5 days a week in September-October, during our 25% Fall Sale (I'll never do 50% again!), and she'll work with Kim, my Greenhouse & Nursery Manager, as her immediate supervisor. They'll all report to me, as does Rich, my Cetified Landscape Architect, Alan, Arthur and Charlie. Dad left for an accounnt's meeting at 10:30am, and I had to drive Becky to their home, after work in VERY heavy, backed-up traffic on Rt 30 West, around 3:30pm. Fender-benders idiots all over the damned road, tying-up traffic, causing 2-3 mile backups. Still no mail delivery by 3pm, so I'll have to come back down late Sunday morning to pick-up 3 days of mail.

I can't believe what shit/garbage/trash/junk/filth is on CATV these days. Used to be there was "something nice" to watch very night, but now it "Gangland", "Cash Cab", "Ice Road Truckers", "Pawn Stars" and "American Pickers" ETC; they're all shit and crap, IMO! Where have all the "good movies and series", gone? To the shelves, I'd guess. Very disappointed, I am.

I took an Rx Ambien CR sleeping pill around 9:40pm, after 2 Vodka & Diet Cranberry Juice drinks, and slept umtil 11:30pm on Saturday, after getting up at 6:45am (just starting to get light) to feed and water Murphy, my remaining condo cat. Mmmmmmmmmmm, nice to sleep so late again! I decided to go to "The Cabin" for the day, just to get away from it all around here.

On Sunday, I went to Mom & Dad's for a 1pm dinner — a baked 10lb juicy white meat turkey breast, homemade mashed potatoes & homemade gravy, peas, my own steamed brussel sprouts with black truffle butter, and birthday cake for me, for desert — with Becky, plus do some much-meeded food shopping, which I didn't get done. I can do that on Tuesday at Saubels' Sure-Fine in nearby Stewartstown (PA).

The Twin Cities and parts of Wisconsin got hammered with snow over the weekend, and it's just a matter of time now until it gets to us in the Mid-Atlantic Corridor. We're expcting showers on Tuesday & Wednesday, which will interrupt the large hardscape job in Stewartstown (PA) and shove our schedule ahead at least 3-4 days further into November. I have 2 weeks allotted for it, but that's out the window, now. We'll install their plant material in the Spring, as I have 5 landscape jobs and 2 landscape-maintenance jobs lined-up and "on the books".

Despite nearly 90 lsndscape plans/designs by Rich, accompanying multi-phase estimates from me and as many HIC (home improvement contracts for hardscape), we netted very little out of it all; probably 25 jobs. People are still too afraid as to what January 1st will bring, with higher taxes, rate caps coming-off all the utilities, changes in medical care costs and an out-of-control US Congress spending TRILLIONS on failed "Stimulus Packages" and worthless bailouts, as well as paying no attention to the Nation's major job creators: small businesses like mine. I can't say I blame them at all. I'm hoping & praying for 2011 to be a better year and that the economy will start generating jobs once again.

Since June 1st, I've lost 57lbs — down from 247lbs to 189 lbs — and I'm real proud of myself for doing so, and feeling great. My back problems have eased-up, and the Sciatic Nerve pain is gone. My BP has also dropped from 174/112 to 135/73, too. I feel great, and will soon have to put another "tighter notch" in my belt, to keep my trousers from slipping down. Remember, I also carry (PA-CCW) a 2.5lb, full-size, Kimber 1911 "Eclipse Target II" .45cal ACP, with an 8-round magazine (½lb), on my right side, and it also contributes to the "sliding pants syndrome". Notches are easy to do to an existing belt, but a smaller belt might be the way to go.

On Monday, Kim inventoried all the B&B trees in the 5 acres of growing fields, for year-end inventory tax, and I handled a few tool and gift certificate sales and numerous customer calls about pruning, planting this late in the year etc. I closed down at 2pm, while the landscape crew continued working at the large hardscape/ water garden job in Stewartstown. I armed and locked the Main Bldg & Main Retail GH, while bypassing the Landscape HQ, so they could come in the back gate and drop equipment, until we see what the rains have in-store for us tonite and Tuesday. It may be a wash-out, but I won't know until around 7:30am, when I get into work, as to what the Foreman has decided for the day.

My 21-year old Bryant Furnace died on Monday night — the pilot light is lit but the burner won't light — and it was too damned cold (41°F) inside my condo by 4:30am on Tuesday, so I called several companies to get help. I fed and watered Murphy, got dressed and left for the office, waiting for callbacks. After 3 quotes ranging from $4,450 to almost $9,000 to replace the Furnace and AC units, I gave the job to Hopewell HVAC, just north of my Complex on Rt in Winterstown (PA), for $6,550. They put me "at the top of the list" - NO HEAT! - and will have it done on Thursday, so I took the day off. I got some extra wool blankets out tonite to keep me and Murphy warm. I'll also qualify for $1,500 in federal energy credits and get a $300 check from Met-Ed, my local power company, for the two Amana units, bringing the net cost down to $4,750. Not too bad, afterall. Better this happened now than in December, January or February, when temps are in the -10°F range.

It rained all Monday night and much of Tuesday, so Alan lit-off the massive brush/ burn pile, across from the compost pile, behind the the Landscape Crew's building and Truck & Equipment Storage building. It was raining and the corn on my adjacent 6 empty acres, which I lease-out to a farmer, had already been harvested, so it was a good day to do it. Alan & Arthur were operating the 2 JD SkidLoaders, putting away large containerized nursery stock into GH5 & GH6. They were soaked and cold so they left around 12:45pm. We had 3" in the rain gauge, by 12 noon. I closed down at 1pm, and went home to a "cool condo", 71°F. I kept my layers of clothes on, instead of changing into my casual condo duds, as well as hunted for the electric blanket and 2 more wool blankets. Reminds me almost of Boy Scout Camp in the Winter, in Wisconsin at Camp Lakota back in the late 50s, when we stayed in cabins with only a central fireplace, bunk beds and no room heaters. Going out to the outhouse in the middle of the night required getting fully-dressed and snow booted-up, using a flashlight and peeing on a tree, instead of going inside the latrine. No electric blankets back then, just a sleeping bag and 4-5 wool blankets, "long johns" and 2-3 pairs of wool socks.

I finally found my electric blanket, set-it-up, and covered it with two more layers of wool blankets, just in case Murphy wants to dig his needle-like claws into the wires, and we both get electrocuted. Yikes! At least we go to The Rainbow Bridge, together, after I'm finished in Hell. Might not be so bad, afterall. I had the fireplace going with the flu closed half-way down to retain the heat, and the first floor kept relatively warm. At 8pm, I went upstairs and turned-up the electric blanket to "4", to warm the bed, before I crashed at 9:30pm with Murphy.

My guys were back on the hardscape job on Wednesday morning, under a cloudy/ sunny sky, 54°F and 40mph west winds, making the "wind chill" 39°F. They were laying massive flagstone pieces for a 108 SqFt patio, a boulder retaining wall and a 4ft x 6ft water garden, with 3 sitting boulders built into the patio. Fortunately, they're working behind the house, which is blocking the strong winds. I'm always amazed at how well Alan, Arthur & Charlie work smoothly together as a team, and get things done so quickly and perfectly.

In the past two weeks, gas prices have skyrocketed another 30 at the pumps. Unleaded Regular (87oct) now at $2.95, Unleaded Premium (89oct) now at $3.05/gal, and Unleaded Super Premium (92oct) at $3.15/gal, with Diesel also rising to $3.39/gal. I wonder if it's beause more than a few refineries are off-line, and switching-over to home heating oil for the Winter months, and gasoline supply is down while demand is still fairly high?

"New home construction fell to an 18-month low in October", the government said Wednesday. This does not bode well for my industry or business for 2011. I sure hope the Spring brings a rise in new home construction, but it's unlikely since there are so many foreclosed and empty homes on the market now.

Mark Geier from J&M Systems, in Baltimore, our Radiant-CounterPoint and HP Dealer, arrived at 1:45pm, to make some tweaks to our POS (point-of-sale) system at the two from counter computers. The server in my office is running flawlessly, since he installed a few months ago. I closed down at 3:30pm, when Mark & I finished the computer work, and went home to a very "cool" condo. It was to drop to 37°F tonight. I lit a roaring fire in the gas fireplace, after closing the damper ¾ of the way to deflect some of the heat back into the house. With natural gas, there is no CO (carbon monoxide) problem; only water condensation on the windows, but I retain 85% of the heat instead of it all going-up the flu. The guys from Hopewell HVAC would be here tomorrow and get my new Amana Furnace and Amana AC units installed, and I'd be back-to-normal, once again. Whatever that is.

Reason #9 and Reason #10, why I won't ever fly in a commercial airliner, ever again.

The techs fom Hopewell Heating & AC Co showed-up at 8:30am on Thursday, and went to work, right away, no nonsense. The old Bryant, Carrier AC and cooling coil were removed, and the new units went in by 12noon. They had to run all kinds of new gas and electric lines from the Amana Furnace and AC Coil (on top of the furnace, and the Amana AC Unit outside the condo. I was very impressed at their professionalism and diligence. Tim Warner, owner of Hopewell HVAC, can be very proud of those 2 techs who worked on my project.

The “Virtual Cabin” – A Novella

I gathered-up my duffel bag, AR-10 7.62calx51mm. 308, Remy 11-87 Auto-Loader 12ga and my carry-piece, the Kimber 1911 "Eclipse Target II" .45cal ACP, and left for Adam's Junction, at aroud noon. I'd shave and shower up there, and get some clean clothes on; right now, I just wanted to "get away" for a while.

The tree colors up north had had more rain and frost, and were more vivid than in Southern York County, on the short trip north.

I pulled-off the interstate, on to the side and back roads, and headed toward "The Cabin", pulled into the 1,000ft gravel drive, and up to the massive front deck. I disarmed the building, grabbed my gear and hardware, and went inside to the yelps of Jenny, who was happy to see me, once again. I refilled her 3 bowls, and she supped. I turned-up the furnace, since it was a chilly 43°F, as opposed to 60°F in York. The place warmed-up quickly, and I brought an armload of splitwood and a 3ft log inside or the evening's fire. I made sure the flu damper was closed so the heat wouldn't escape, until I was ready to build the roading fire in the massive hearth, later on that day.

I stripped the Master BR's sheets, put new fitted sheets on the queen-sized bed, and thrw them into the washing machine, along with my current clothes, since I was going to shave and shower, and had brought extras along. I vacuumed the Oriental Rugs and the Kodiak Bearskin Jenny slept on, since I could see traces of her fur on it. The I changed the vacuum's filter bag, as well as the furnace filter. Housecleaning time!

I made oatmeal, sunny-side-up eggs, toast, sausage for brunch, and headed for the bathroom, after arming the building, keeping the Kimber inside with me and the two long guns in the Master BR, fully-loaded and well-hidden. The shave and shower felt great, as did the fresh, clean clothes. I started the laundry cycle of 30mins, turned-on the local police scanner, checked my cellphone for any messages, did the dishes and set them out to air-dry in the doulble-sink wooden rack. I thought about going into Adam's Junction, but after my last "reception" by hundreds of back-slapping, hand-shaking, thankful residents, I decided to just call Sgt Atler and see what was happening in the area. The scanner crackled with reports of a bank robbery, two convenience store robberies and a drive-by shooting at the VFW building. The Dispatcher answerd the phone, and askd if I was still "deputized", and could I help, since Clay was short-handed and Capt Bunce had broken his right ankle while deer hunting, and was laid-up for 2-3 weeks. I dug through my wallet and found my Deputy ID Card & Badge, and said I'd be right there.

I turned-down the heat, grabbed my twp long guns and plenty of ammo, armed the building and raced towards to the Police Station, which was in a near-state of chaos, without someone like Bunce or Atler in-charge. The Dispatcher and her asscoiates were glad to see me come through the door. I was "re-deputized" by the Dispatcher, given a Police belt of mace, 2 sets of handcuffs, a pouch of 50 white tie-wraps in case I needed more than cuffs, a nightstick and a radio connecting me to the Station and to all the cars throughout the area. The perps could easily listen-in on their scanners, figure out where we weren't, and commit the robberies in non-patrolled areas. I also was give a red suction-cup light to plug-into my dash's power outlet, with a built-in siren. I ditched the 40lb belt, except for the radio and tie-wraps; just too much equipment, and as I'd learned from Vietnam, the "lighter the better and more mobile". They showed me the sector they wanted me to patrol, put magnetic "Deputy" signs on both driver/passeneger doors, and off I went. I took off the Deputy signs, so I'd be unrecognizeable as a target to any perps, and put them in the backseat.

In the Police Station's parking lot, I un-bagged both the AR-10 and Remy 11-87 Auto-Loader, made sure all mags and tubes were full, and that plenty of ammo was readily at-hand. I filled my personal satchel with plenty of rounds for both long guns, as well as for my Kimber .45cal. I called Sgt Atler, who was staking-out the First Merchant's Bank, on Main & 3rd Streets, with three armed perps inside. I sped-up just behind his Patrol Car and parked. I grabbed the AR-10, chambered a round from the 25-round mag, and took aim over the hood of my Jeep, behind the engine block for cover. He asked where my magnetic signs were and I said in the back seat, as I don't want to be a target. He ordered me to reinstall them, to be official. WTF's an "unmarked Police car" all about, anyway, Clay? I did what he requested. I had the Deputie's Badge pinned to my Pendleton Woolen Shirt, and so as far as I was concerned, I was "official" with just that and my card. I didn't need the magnetic signs announcing my arrival or presence, I told him. But I was overruled. I was orderd to "neutralize the situations" to prevent the perps from escaping and any loss of civilian life. I could easily do that.

Out came the three robbers with bags of money, no hostages, and I shot all three within 5.3 seconds. Clay turned around and looked in total amazement at me. Now, it was just medics, forensics, CSI and clean-up. Sgt Atler called into the bank and it was clear, with no casualties. We carefully stood-up and while he crept towards the bodies to disarm them, I covered him, leaning over the hood of my Jeep. At 100-150yds, my AR-10 isn't even breathing hard. It's meant for 300-900yds with this Leupold Scope, and this was a "duck-shoot", and after all the US Military training and 3yrs of Vietnam war I'd been through, it was nothing but simple target practice. He removed the weapons, cash, and pulled IDs from each of the three: two Holtzapple and one Grove cousin, dead. All three were shot "center mass", right below the breastplate, causing almost instant death. Sgt Atler radioed-in for medics, forensics, CSI and clean-up, ASAP. The Bank employees might be stressed, but I was just doing what I was trained to do in the 5th SF, 35 years ago, in the Nam. I thought that's why Capt Bunce and Sgt Atler recruited me, for that ability to end situations, quickly and succintly, without loss of innocent life. Apparently, I was wrong in my assumption, as I'd later find out.

Sgt Atler had interviews and paperwork to do at the Bank, when he told me to move-on to the next "hot spot": Bev & Tony's General Store, where they had a large sporting goods section, full of pistols and long gun and ammo, and were "under seige", right now. I sped off and met a Deputy parked two blocks from the store, using 30x binoculars to keep tabs on what was going on. I called into the store and talked to Bev. Roy had been grazed in the 4 perps' latest attempt to penetrate the store and take the weaposns and ammo, plus 1,000lbs in 5lb cans of black powder, more than enough for some nasty homemade bombs to blow-up major parts of Adam's Junction.

I ID'd myself to the rookie Deputy, who recognized me immediately, and asked me to "take charge" of the situation. I radioed for another car as back-up, but the crackling answer was that there weren't any units available right now, and that we'd be on our own. The three other cruisers were answering apparently bogus reports of robberies and shootings, apparently to distract from the main targets: the Bank and General Store, I reasoned. No one else seemed to have a fricking clue as to what was truly happening.! Okey-dokey; I could handle that, easily. I grabbed the AR-10 and loaded another full 25-round mag from my satchel, and worked my way along the various parked cars and building entrances. Occasionally, I'd hear a couple of shots from Bev & Tony, and then a volley into the store, from the perps parked across the street, hiding behind their pick-ups. I was within 200yds, "doped my scope" and sighted-in all four bad guys. Boom, boon, boom, boom! All four were toast. I radioed for the Deputy to drive-in, while I covered his movements on the perps, to make sure none of them got back up. Four headshots in a row was simple and clean, though the sidewalk and storefronts were littered with brains and lots of blood.

The rookie Deputy took charge, removed all weapons and ammo, tie-wrapped their hands behind them, and radioed-in for medics, forensics, CSI and clean-up. He had a ton of paperwork to do, also. I walked into Bev & Tony's Store, and asked how they were doing, told them a medic was on the way for Tony, but Bev had already patched him up. I left and went back to my Jeep, radioed Sgt Atler and asked what was the next "hot spot" he wanted me to visit. He said to go back to the Police Station, and sit tight, and that a SWAT Team and CSI from Harrisburg were on their way. "No need for them", I said. It's all over but the shouting. Clay said I'd figured heavily in the reports, and that they'd need statements from me within an hour or so. So I went back to the Station, stowed my weapons in their Eagle Bags and satchel in the jeep, and waited.

One-by one, the Deputies' cars came back to the Station and they took me into interrogation roon, and with hidden cameras rolling, asked me to recount the two incidents I'd been involved in, for their records and official reports. Meanwhile, Harrisburg SWAT showed-up, "a day late and a dollar short", as usual. Everything was handled. The medics, Coroner, Forensics and CSI were busy all over town. I was being grilled for my "premature shooting/ killing" of the criminals and I resented it, bigtime. I was told that I should have given them "time to surrender". Bullshit. That would have notified them that we were upon them, and they would have scattered, and I'd have had to track-down each and kill him. Better to get it all over with ASAP, since no loss of civilian life was involved. That was my Sniper Training: "One Shot, One Kill". I told them so. Their Deputies, including Sgt Atler, were "paralyzed" at what to do to end the situations, and I took control and ended both scenarios, quickly and efficiently. The SWAT Team Leader agreed, but cautioned me that his team should have handled this whole thing. I snapped back that if they'd gotten here 45-50mins earlier, I'd have walked away from it all and they could have had it all to themslves. Being 45 miles away in Harrisburg, it takes an 11-ton SWAT Command Post Truck just too long to arrive, after scrambling the SWAT Team, and that "instant attention" was what was needed. I took care of that, as I'm sure he would have. Sir.

I gave my full and complete statements about the two situations which Sgt Atler called me to "remedy" — First Merchant's Bank and Bev & Tony's General Store — detailing all the weapons and 1,000lbs+ of black re-loading powder, which was at stake in Bev & Tony's Store, and could wreak untold havoc on Adam's Junction, for weeks and months to come. And now I was being chastized for "acting too hastily" in killing the perps? One of the Deputies said that when he unmasked the four dead perps at Bev & Tony's, two of them appeared to be Arabs, with beards shaven and short haircuts. Forensics had already put all the 7 dead perps I'd killed online, with fingerprints and bios on the special Sheriff's server, and sure enough, it was two Al-Queerda operatives, in-league with the Holtzapples and Groves' "cousins and friends". All the Polices' eyes widened and jaws dropped at the large conference room table, especially amongst the SWAT Leader. Those two were on the DHS National Terrorist Watch List, and had infiltrated from Mexico, last year. Adam's Junction had a real serious problem ahead of them, and they just found out about it. Surprise! I knew it was coming, and had written about it in my previous "Journal", now in the "Archives" section. Unfortunately, most of the pertinent links are down now, so I'll tell you what's coming: mass murder at young childrens' day care centers, public grade schools, colleges (Virginia Tech), Beltway Snipers (2002), hospitals, VA Hospitals, Ft Hood massacre (2009), airports (LA shooting at El Al), nursing homes, apartment complexes, retirement communities, shopping malls, home invasions and thousands of other "soft targets" will become targets for the thousands of subhuman Al-Queerda islamics already here, waiting for orders to strike and kill Americans. It's coming and don't you doubt it, dammit! It's coming! There won't any more 9-11-type strikes; we're too prepared for that, but the small communities' "soft targets" are next. Mark my words!

If the Police weren't satisfied with what I had done to end those situations quickly, and without loss of life and poperty to the Citizens of Adam's Junctions, then f•ck it; I'd had enough. I took off my Deputy Badge and laid my Deputy ID Card next to it on the table, and excused myself from the interrogation/ review room. I walked out of the Station to the cheers and applause of the Dispatcher and her team, right to my Jeep, and drove to Bev & Tony's General Store, where they were sweeping-up broken glass picture windows, and I joined-in the clean-up. Then, we boarded-up the windows and went inside to talk. I told them I'd come under great criticism for not waiting an extra 30-45mins for the Harrisburg SWAT Team's 11-ton Truck to show-up; by then, both situations would have been over and people, other than the criminals, would have died. Bev & Tony were co-chairs of The Town Council, who oversaw the Police, and said they'd "fix this" at this week's 7pm neeting. They knew my US Military background. Would I be able to attend? I thought it better that I should not, in spite of my relationship with Sgt Atler, Chief Bunce and the SWAT Team, plus the local Deputies. I had the utmost respect for what they were tasked to do in their thankless jobs, but I didn't want to be thrown to the wolves, for what I had done, that Saturday afternoon. I didn't want "the key to the city"; all I wanted was a simple "thanks for a job well-done" and did the job fast, before anyone got hurt. I told them that two Al-Queerda islamics had been discovered at their robbery attempt, and to step-up their personal guard; bad things were about to happen to "soft targets" in the US, and especially in Adam's Junction. No telling how many more were waiting in all those outlying cabins with the Holtzapples and Groves and now as their new "terrorist friends".

I drove back to "The Cabin" around 4:10pm, packed-up, refilled Jenny's 3 bowls, and left for York, totally dismayed at what had happned at the Police Station.

After arriving in East York, I cleaned the AR-10 and reloaded the depleted mags. I kept both the AR-10 and Remy 11-87 in my back seat, with my canvas satchel, full of loaded mags and rounds for both. I knew what was coming. I would be prepared. Next was to prepare Mom & Dad, from that wimpy Mossberg .22cal w/ 10x Bushnell Scope, of mine he'd bought for me back in 1958 for the Boy Scouts NRA Target Shoots, to a modern AR-15 with a Trijicon ACOG Scope and a 40-round mag. He simply wanted to by a .38 cal 'subnose' pistol for carry at the Center. Not sufficient at all, IMO, for what's coming, to protect Mom & Dad, at all. I'll deal with that next week.

About 2hrs later, I got a conference call from Sheriff Bunce, Sgt Atler and the SWAT Team Leader, apologizing for what I'd been put through, for no reason whatsoever. I told Clay Atler, that as a Marine, he knew what had to be done and done quickly, or the situations would have gotten out-of-hand and the collateral loss of other civilian life could have been horrendous, with the groups splitting-up and taking more hostages and possibly killing them and their families. He agreed and pleaded with me to take back my Deputy Badge & ID. I remembered that I still had the magnet signs in the back seat, and promised him that I'd think about it, and would return the signs next time I visited Adam's Junction. All three had been "subpoened" to be at the Town Hall Mtg, on Wednesday evening at 7pm, by Bev & Tony, Town Council Co-Chairs, to explain their uncalled-for actions against me, that day, when I was asked to "remedy the two situations". County DA, Stan Robbins, would be there with a stenographer and would make a quick determination with a locally-picked Grand Jury, about the shootings. I hung-up, somewhat relieved that they finally "understood" and that each would get a full chance to explain their actions at the meeting. I had other priorities at The Garden Center Complex, and probably would be attending, though I received no subpoena, as yet.

The subpoena arrived by Sheriff's Deputy the next day, at work, so I had no choice but to go and recount my story of events. Okay.

Thursday came quickly enough, and I arrived at The Town Hall Ntg at 6:30pm, with my AR-10 & satchel in the back seat. I parked, went inside through a metal detector, which buzzed-off, due to the Kimber .45cal and extra 8-round mags. Sgt Atler was right there with my Deputy Badge and ID, and I was escorted through to a private confernce room, no cameras rolling this time. Promptly, at 7pm, Bev & Tony, in thir black robes, took the dias, and went through old business, town financials, upcoming projects, and then it was time for "new business". I noticed Sheriff Bunce on crutches, Sgt Atler and the SWAT Team Leader sitting together behind me. I said, "Hell, Officers". They nodded with their folders full of my testimony and a projector set-up in the rear of the room. It was packed to overflowing and they'd set-up 5 extra closed-circuit TVs and a hundred chairs in the foyer, to accomodate the overflow. But the walls were lined with Citizens of Adam's Junction that night, wanting to know what had actually happened. This was a big deal for Adam's Junction. Yawn, for me.

I was given a chance to review my statements, which I declined, since it was still "crystal-clear" as to the day's events. I recounted them in minute detail, matching everything in the document testimony given days before, plus watched the digital films of my testimony after questioning. I was excused. One-by-one, Sheriff Bunce, Sgt Atler, SWAT Team Leader and 4 Deputies werre called, and they all corroborated my account, except for the SWAT Team Leader. He still felt I should have waited another 45-50mins for his Team to arrive and take charge of the unfolding situations. Actually, there were 7 reports of robberies and shootings all over town, 4 of which were phony and just phoned-in to distract Deputies from the First Merchant's Bank and Bev & Tony's General Store "main hits", which I "remedied". I kept an eye on the County DA, Stan Robbins, and his stenograher's facial expressions, since a lot of film, with dead bodies, brains and blood had been spliced-into my testimony after each of the two incidents, along with the other Deputies' questions and testimony. This wasn't an official court hearing, but rather a preliminary review. The Grand Jury would take possession of all files and documets tonight, and be conveined with 3 days, to determine my fate. The DA's mouth was agape and his stenographer had to excuse herself to go throw-up in the ladies' room, taking a ladyfriend with her. A 10-minute recess. The meeting resumed when she returned.

It was getting on to 10:30pm, well past my bed time, for getting-up at 5:45am for work. All testimony had been given, films looked-at and analyzed and I was exonerated as far as The Town Council was concerned; I had done exactly what I was asked to do, and then some. The County DA, Stan Robbins, would take it from here and issue a ruling from the Grand Jury, picked from local residents.

11:05pm and the meeting adjourned. County DA, Stan Robbins, and the Deputies confiscated all the documents and tapes, logging them as evidence in the incident, for the Grand Jury to read, see and hear. Bev & Tony were off the dias before I had a chance to talk with them. Clay reminded me that in their "official capacity" in a hearing such as this, they aren't allowed to talk to anyone, especially me, until a verdict was rendered by The Grand Jury. He suspected that it'd be "justified", based upon my instructions and the two situations. I reminded him about his time with the MEF (Marine Expeditionary Force) and my time with 5th SF in Nam as a Sniper, but he retorted that "this isn't war time, John". "Isn't it, Clay?" What the hell do you remember about 9-11 and all the subsequent events, since? IT'S WAR AGAINST ISLAM, DAMMIT — THEY declared war upon America that Tuesday 9-11, and all murderous actions ever since — plus all criminals passing illegally into our county!" He grimmaced and nodded.

I made my way out of the Town Hall Mtg, to thunderous applause and cheers from the hundreds of local residents, and waved "thank you". I'd do it again in a heartbeat, if asked to do so. I jumped into the Jeep, after checking the back compartment and back seat for "intruders", and sped home to get some sleep. I'd be hearing from County DA, Stan Robbins and his Grand Jury verdict, soon enough.

The Global Warming Money Pit

Have you seen this video: "BBC: The Great Global Warming Swindle"? It was outright-banned from leftist, hate-filled, dirtbag, lowlife scumbags, Google.com's and YouTube.com's websites, by the mentally-ill, left-wing, global warming idiot wackos, but I've preserved it, for posterity, aka you, me and *ours*. Watch, be informed and download it for others to see. It's on my corporate server, and will stay there, BTW.

Here's what the Global Warming Scam is all about. Sweet, huh? They're so transparent, aren't they?

Here's everything you need to know about the Global Warming Fraud, and why it's a good thing. It's a l-o-n-g article, so get a sandwich, iced tea and settle-in, for a very informative read. I'm right there with you, BTW.

The "Greenhouse Effect" is a natural and valuable phenomenon, without which, the planet would be uninhabitable. Global Warming, at least in recent times, is real. CO2 is not a significant greenhouse gas; 95% of the contribution is due to Water Vapor. Man's contribution to Greenhouse Gasses is relatively insignificant. We didn't cause the recent Global Warming and we cannot stop it. Solar Activity appears to be the principal driver for Climate Change. CO2 is a useful trace gas in the atmosphere, and the planet would actually benefit by having more, not less of it, because it is not a driver for Global Warming and would enrich our vegetation, yielding better crops to feed the expanding population. CO2 is not causing global warming, in fact, CO2 is lagging temperature change in all reliable datasets. The cart is not pulling the donkey. Wake-up, folks.

Here's a listing of The Best Global Warming Videos on the Internet.

Hey, fat, shit-for-brains, bloated, liar, huckster, fraud, criminal, charlatan, scumbag, loser, disgraced ex-VP AlGoreBore (LIAR-TN), is back using $300 million of OPM (Other Peoples' Money) to promote his Global Warming Bullshit, after the worst Winter in over 100 years. Welcome back, fatso huckster asswipe, AlGoreBore!

CO2 bad? No; CO2 is good, and we need more of it, or we're in for a very cold period, very soon. Here are the facts about CO2.

Roger Revelle of Scripps Institution of Oceanography, Harvard University and University of California San Diego, spits on the lying scumbag, AlGoreBore. My, my, oh my. (((snicker))) No, there's no consensus on Glo-bullshit Warming, other than it's a LIE! Just ask Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Atmospheric Science at MIT, Richard S. Lindzen; he's eminently-qualified to call AlGoreBoreAsshole, a LIAR! As I am.

There's another "ice age" coming, not the AlGoreBoreLiar 'Glo-bull warming' crap.

Larsen B Ice Shelf in Antarctica collapses in 2002 = Glo-bullshit Warming? Doubt it.

Read this Glo-bullshit Warming idiocy. Go ahead; I'll wait.

AlGoreBore's "hypocrisy"? See it right here!

You need to watch this 30 minute film; it's an eye-opener if you think that we're running out of crude oil, and that America has no reserves. We have more oil and natural gas in Alaska alone, than all the rest of the world's known reserves, COMBINED! Grab an adult beverage, and watch it.

Better get out your Winter coats, 'snuggies', wool socks and snow shovels, as it seems we've got an 80-year "Little Ice Age", on the way. Yawn; no biggie.

AlGoreBore's "Glo-bull Warming Bullshit" has spawned so-called 'cottage industries' around the world, worth hundreds of millions and probably billions of dollars, for green corporation validation, carbon credits, foundation & university climate studies, grants and a host of other BS-related crap to his lies and garbage. Global warming competes with cancer and competes with AIDS for a finite amount of money. This year's natural resurgence will surely see the global warmists, led by celebrity warmist, Gore, compete viscously for those US Taxpayers' hard-earned dollars. And I'm betting that the really important disease, cancer, loses to Glo-bullshit Warming and AIDS. Dammit.

F*ck all the "Glo-bullshit Warming Alarmists"! I say, FUCK-THEM-UP, and cleanse the planet, if they try to physically-intimidate and hurt anyone! I will; count on it! "Get in my face", assholes, and that'll be your last day on this Earth! If there are any "dissenting scientists" out there, who need protection, just get in-touch with me, and I'll guard you & yours. You can count upon that, folks!

Have you taken "The Global Warming Test"? If you have a sentient, functioning brain, and a simple knowledge of "the facts", you'll easily get a 10-of-10, as I did. Go ahead, and give it a try!

Read this article and pick-out "The WWF's Big Lie". If you chose this paragraph — "Summer sea ice is now forecasted to completely disappear in the summer months sometime between 2013 and 2040 — something which hasn't happened for over a million years." — you'd be right. There isn't, and never has been and ice on the earth dated at a million years old, and who the hell was around back then to begin recording it? The lying sacks-of-shit at the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) are typical lowlife, left-wing wacko scumbags, in-bed with the "Glo-Bull Warming" Crap, of asshole AlGoreBore and his phony, money-making scam. The oldest, and not reliably-dated ice cores are >160,000 years, and those are shaky in fact, at best. So where did the lying WWF pull the million year crap from? Their asses, of course!

Shit-for-brains, mentally-ill, fat, bloated liar, AlGoreBore's (LOWLIFE-TN) "ally", in NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), which is run by AlGoreBore's chief scientific ally/"asshole/butt-buddy"— Dr James "Moron-Cretin-Asshole" Hansen (DIRTBAG-NASA) — and is one of four bodies responsible for monitoring global temperatures, announced that "last month was the hottest October on record". Total, factual bullshit and lies. This was startling. Across the world there were reports of unseasonal snow and plummeting temperatures last month, from the American Great Plains to China, and from the Alps to New Zealand. China's official news agency reported that Tibet had suffered its "worst snowstorm ever". In the US, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration registered 63 local snowfall records and 115 lowest-ever temperatures for the month, and ranked it as only the 70th-warmest October in 114 years. So what explained the anomaly? GISS's computerized temperature maps seemed to show readings across a large part of Russia had been up to 10 degrees higher than normal. But when expert readers of the two leading warming-skeptic blogs, "Watts Up With That and Climate Audit", began detailed analysis of the GISS data they made an astonishing discovery. The reason for the freak figures was that scores of temperature records from Russia and elsewhere were not based on October readings at all. Figures from the previous month had simply been carried over and repeated two months running. Read this article, and find out why both lying, corrupt, criminal, subhuman idiots, GoreBore & Hansen, should be stood against a wall, and shot, IMO. In fact, the pathetically-socialist, left-wing UK, has just begun to awaken to what the "Climate Change Bill" will do to destroy their nation, or what's left of it. IMO, it's probably too late now to save the UK, but at least some of the more Conservative people over there, will at least get the chance to flee to America (or elsewhere), before we also "go down the proverbial dumper", as they've done. Heh.

On Friday, January 2nd, I ran a fully-attributed story in my weekly "Journal", which had links to other stories and facts, thoroughly-debunking AlGoreBore's trillion dollar scam and fraud, Global Warming". The Daily Telegraph UK's columnist, Christopher Booker, was the erudite author, and here is the link to that story. Nice job, Mr Booker!

Now, lowlife shit-for-brains dirtbag, Arkansas Gov Mike "DumbAss Turd-Boy" Beebe (ASSHOLE-AR), said that global warming is serious problem, not a "hoax," and requires more than a state response. "I think it's a threat, and I think global warming is occurring," Beebe-The-Shithead said in response to a caller to his statewide radio program who said he believed the climate change crisis was a "hoax." Idiot. Stupid idiot. Global warming is bullshit, you two-bit asshole! Crawl back inside of AlGoreBore's rectum, dumbfuck!

And global cooling goes merrily along, without any help from us mere humans, as it has for millions and millions of years.

Another "lie/error" in the favor of Glo-BULL Warming's false bullshit and lies? Got duct tape?

Here's the truth: Lord Monckton of Brenchley's Science & Public Policy Institute.

The commie/fascist/socialist liberal-demokkkRAT filth in the US Congress, have refused to allow Lord Monckton to testify the truth, against con-man, liar, scumbag AlGoreBore's LIES! This is Commie Russia, NOT Free America!

Things Which Make Your Head Explode

In the City of Jackson (MI), the discussion at city hall involves cutting police and fire by as many as 35 positions while the city runs two public pools that are swimming in red ink.

Devious "Lame-Duck" dems: This is why companies don't allow fired employees stay another month on the job.

A school principal making a young boy take the American Flag off his bicycle "because it offends a couple of people" in the school? Probably illegal immigrant filth! Deport them!!

Finally, the fat, sambo pig, corrupt asshole US Rep Charlie Rangle (lib-dem-shit-NY) has been found guilty of 11 of 13 felony charges by the US Congress. Jail the asshole! No; SHOOT AND KILL HIM!

This idiotic crap is why America's in such trouble. Who cares, anyway?

Some People Just Need Killing

This will do it!.

The lowlife subhuman scumbag who murdered Sandra Levy should be executed, not imprisoned for life, at US Taxpayers' expense. If convicted of first-degree murder, Ingmar Guandique faces a sentence of life without parole. The jury could instead find him guilty of second-degree murder, which could mean 20 years to life.

Viktor Bout also needs killing, for this.

Subhuman muslim terrorist, Ahmed Khalfan Ghailani, needs killing for conspiracy and murder in the 1998 attacks on U.S. embassies in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.

Valid CSS!

Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict